It’s a fact: cancer screenings can save lives. But, not everyone gets screened.
Some people are held back by fear or pride or are limited because of costs or access or maybe because they simply don’t know why, when, or how to get screened. The thing is, cancer happens despite what we feel or think, or even what we face in our lives.
Cancer doesn’t care. We do.
Through this campaign, we’re connecting people with local resources to help them overcome barriers. So more people can and do get potentially lifesaving cancer screenings.
Who “we” are
This community impact initiative is supported by a team of local leaders and community organizations dedicated to improving health and well-being.
Organizations helping to bring this campaign to life include:
- American Cancer Society
- Causewave Community Partners
- Cancer Services Program of the Finger Lakes Region (CSP-FLR)
- Center For Community Health & Prevention
- Common Ground Health
- Jordan Health
- Martino Flynn
- Mary Therese Friel, LLC
- Myers Creative Imaging
- Rochester Regional Health
- St. Joseph’s Neighborhood Center
- University of Rochester Medical Center
- Wilmot Cancer Institute